Welcome

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am an on-site (I come to you!) event and portrait photographer based out of Madison WI. Follow me on my journey in enriching my skills as an admirer, scholar, and photographer! "The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."

Schedule

October 2-{AllenBarkelar} wedding!/October 20-{Carter is one!}/November-{DuCharme) wedding!/November 21-{Hahnke} Wedding!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Learning my Camera: A to Z

I am SOOO excited that school is out and I can spent some more one-on-one/bonding/special time with my favorite ambiguous thing--MY CAMERA!!

I envy the people who take the time to do things like taking a picture-a-day etc.  and have wanted to do something fun to help me develop my eye (and train me how to finesse manual mode) but I haven't really had time to do so--really you should see my calendar--some people think I have issues (I probably do, but we'll save that for another post).

So now that I have no school until late August/September I figured it'd be the PERFECT time to make myself do a little leg work.

ANNOUNCING:  Learning my Camera: A to Z.

Here's the deal.  I have this awesome camera, and I can take decent photos with it, but I need to become WAY more comfortable with it's abilities in order to better serve you!    To do this, I am embarking on this assignment.

Every week this summer I will focus on a letter of the alphabet.  This week it will be A.  In doing this I need to take pictures that push my comfort level somehow focusing on the letter A, whether this be "aperture" or I take a picture of "apples" with a new setting--whatever it be it must correlate to A.  Some weeks I may double letters, for example "X" will be a hard week...so I might combine "W" and "X" to make it more interesting.  I will post my photos from the week on Sundays (I think).

Can't wait!!  Please feel free to comment, criticize, and enjoy my posts along my journey!


For now, I thought I'd post one of my favorite black-and-white photos in relation to my previous post from Ashley and Johns wedding...

0 comments:

Post a Comment